Do you ever wonder how some flowers look so vibrant? You can easily make white flowers any color you want with these directions for creating a beautiful spring bouquet.
White flowers (carnations, daisies or roses)
- Fill each vase with about a cup of warm water.
- Put 20 drops of food coloring in each vase, mixing the color in with the water. Try combining colors, i.e. putting blue and red food coloring in a vase to make purple flowers.
- Cut the stems of the flowers a few inches up at an angle.
- Put one stem in each vase.
- Leave the flowers for a few days and watch as they slowly begin to change color.
How this works:
Flowers draw up water from their stems to their petals. The water with food coloring travels up the stem and colors the petals. The water evaporates, but the food coloring cannot, so it stays on the petals.