Throw out those free magnets from the phone book. It's time to make your magnets as pretty as the pictures they hold up, for a very minimal cost.
- Clear, rounded glass marbles
- Scrapbook paper
- Craft glue like Elmer's or Mod Podge
- Glue gun and glue
- Round heavy-duty magnets
- Pick a marble and position it on the scrapbook paper flat side down where you would like the pattern to show through.
- Using a pencil, trace around the marble and cut out the circle. Hold it against the marble and trim any uneven edges.
- Place a dot of craft glue on the flat part of the marble. Attach the circle of paper to the marble with the pattern up. Press down until the glue covers the entire paper and the edges are sealed. The glue may look white at first but it will dry clear and the pattern will show through.
- Let dry for a few minutes and heat up the hot glue gun.
- Place a dot of hot glue on a magnet and attach to the flat part of the marble. Hold together until sealed.
- Place on a refrigerator or magnetic board and enjoy!