- Bowls, candlesticks, parfait cups or any ceramic or glass dishware that would make a good base
- Ceramic Glue or other strong adhesive
- Painter's tape
- Make sure your materials are clean and dry. Test the stability of your cakestand by balancing a plate on whatever you want your base to be (a bowl, candlestick, etc). If the plate balances without adhesive, it's a good combination.
- Measure the bottom of the plate and mark where the center is.
- In a well-ventilated area, glue your base to the plate, making sure to put it right in the center.
- Use painter's tape to secure the base to the plate while it dries. Allow it to dry for as long as the adhesive's directions suggest - usually 24-72 hours. In the meantime, make some cake!
- Turn over and start dishing out delicious desserts from your new serving dish.