Spring Leaf Apron
Aprons are absolutely necessary when making anything in the kitchen, and we all like to have a personalized apron of our own. So if you desire something different, vibrant, creative and fresh, a spring leaf apron may be just what you're looking for.
- A blank apron, preferably cotton or linen
- Textile Paint
- Foam brush
- Plain paper
- Rolling pin, brayer or tall drinking glass
- A spring leaf or leaves
- Simply start by ironing your apron.
- On a flat surface, use a foam brush to spread a thin coating of textile paint on the underside of the leaf.
- Place the leaf on the apron upside down.
- Then place a piece of paper on top to clean up the excess paint.
- On the paper, use a rolling pin over the paper, making sure to roll over every area of the leaf
- Remove paper and carefully peel away the leaf.
- Set the heat for your print according to the directions on the paint. This will ensure that the color on your fabric is washable. Most paints require air-drying, and then pressing with a hot iron on both sides.