Ice Cream Sculptures
Want to gauge the artistic side of your date? We suggest a little sculpting competition to get those creative juices flowing. Whether it's just the two of you or a group, this delicious dating idea will offer an evening of messy fun and chilly desserts.
Items to prepare:
- Clean hands.
- 1 carton of ice cream per person or team- vanilla for a clean canvas or mix it up with some mint chocolate chip or strawberry ice cream.
- Large plates or cookie sheets on which to create the sculptures.
- Various candies for decoration. Ex: M&M's, licorice, sprinkles, coconut, Pixy Stix, chocolate cinnamon bears, etc.
- Chocolate syrup and food coloring can also add to your pallet of colors.
- Spoons and knifes for sculpting and eating.
Watch a Video of Us Sculpting in the StudioAll of these items can be purchased at your local grocery store or the BYU Creamery.
Make sure everyone has an idea of what they want to create before the ice cream is taken out of the freezer. Remove the ice cream from the carton (a rip-able paper carton would be easiest) as a single block and hand out to each person or team on their cookie sheet. Try not to touch the ice cream too much with your hands. The ice cream will melt fast; so all sculpting should be complete in about 10 to 15 minutes. Most importantly: be creative and impress your date with your artistic skills.
Before everything liquefies, admire each other's work. Take pictures and give out awards for the most creative, the most life-like, the best landscape, the scariest, or the one that most resembles Mick Jagger (Please note that #4 and #5 may be the same). Then eat and enjoy!
Check out our archives for more delicious dating ideas.