- Two wooden dowels
- Garbage bag
- Duct tape
- Ribbons and string
- Take both wooden dowels and cross them. Cut horizontal dowel to
make desirable kite shape. Tie the two dowels together by wrapping with
string and tying it off. Make sure all angles are as perpendicular as
- Take your garbage bag and decorate with markers, stickers or light paint. MIX! it up with crazy designs or collages.
- Set kite frame on top of the garbage bag, decorated side face
down. Top of kite should be the closed part of the garbage bag. Cut
vertical dowel bottom to about 2 inches above the bottom of the garbage
bag. The entire kite frame should fit inside the edges of the garbage
- Use duct tape to tape around the ends of each dowel to prevent the
sharp edges from ripping your kite. Make sure you have the dowels
evenly spaced and close to the top as possible. Then tape each dowel end
to the garbage bag.
- Neatly fold top two corners of garbage bag towards middle of kite
frame. Tape in place, covering the whole side. Then fold the bottom of
your garbage bag vertically without folding the bottom corners towards
the middle of the frame (although depending on your design you may do
- Tie a long kite string on to the middle of the crossing dowels and
add some ribbon to the bottom of the kite for weight and decoration.
- Go fly your kite!