Since the hot air corn popper uses air, not oil, it makes for a healthy and low-calorie treat. Hot air popcorn is not only healthier, but cheaper than regular microwave popcorn. Plus, you get to decide your topping. From old-fashioned butter to parmesan, you decide how your popcorn tastes.
This corn popping contraption may sound like your hair dryer, but it certainly makes popping corn easier and healthier then expected from such a tasty treat.
MIX! it up with these ingredient ideas.
- Butter: Salt to taste, then drizzle some real melted butter over the top.
- Cinnamon & Sugar: Spritz with butter spritzer, then sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1 Tbsp sugar.
- White Chocolate: Place popped corn in a tupperware container and sprinkle with 1/4 cup white chocolate chips. Cover with lid and microwave 10 seconds, then shake warmed popcorn to slightly melt the chips.
- Curry: 1 tsp curry powder, 3/4 tsp ground tumeric, 3/4 tsp ground ginger, pinch cayenne pepper.
- Pizza: 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 tsp ground dried oregano, 1/2 tsp dried tomato powder.
- Salt and Vinegar: 1/4 c salted malt vinegar, sea salt to taste
- Italian: 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 tsp ground dried oregano
- Cheddar Cheese: cheese and sea salt to taste.