By: Amberly Asay
As the summer months are approaching, swimming, sandals, fireworks, watermelon and fun times are in full swing. With all of the outdoor activities, the rise in your thirst increases at a startling rate. Don’t worry. This year we can show you a way to make your homemade lemonade even more delicious and refreshing.
For the perfect ratio of lemonade you need three things: one cup of sugar, one cup of water and one cup of lemon juice. For college students and savvy shoppers alike the price of a juicer ranges from $40-$300. There has to be a simpler way to get the lemon juice out of the lemon. An unlikely kitchen gadget we may not have thought of before is perfect for getting lemon juice: the kitchen tongs.
You can use a pair of sturdy kitchen tongs and get juice out of lemons, limes and oranges. To get the most juice out of a lemon make sure that it is room temperature and then roll them under your palm around the counter a few times before cutting. Then simply cut a lemon in half and place in-between the prongs. Hold it over a pitcher and squeeze the open end of the prongs with both hands. After your juice has been squeezed run it through a strainer.
1. Take stuff out of boiling water
2. Give them to little kids to eat Chinese food.
3. Grab things that are difficult to reach. (pots and pans might be too dangerous if dropped)
4. Take them to the garden to get fruit that is too high to reach or tucked back behind spiny leaves.
5. Use them to play games with.