by Ellen Wilson
In the spirit of April Fools' Day, this month's Delicious Dating
activity is the ETAD, where the girl asks the boy. The idea for this
date is to do things as backwards as possible and get fully-prepped for
April Fools' Day. Before getting to the April Fools' theme, the
"backwards" aspect of the dates includes hosting it in the morning,
serving breakfast and generally doing everything the opposite of a
You may want to schedule your date a few days before April Fools'.
Look through lists of pranks and hoaxes or create your own. Some tame
ideas from us are unplugging the mouse from your roommate's computer,
feigning an engagement, placing a water bucket over the door, wrapping
someone's desk in gift wrap, or removing the centers from a package of
Oreos and filling them with white toothpaste. Be sure to write a "Free
for all!" note on top so your roommates dig right in.
If you don't want to do anything too evil, just prepare to celebrate
"Poisson d'Avril" and cut out a bunch of fish to stick on people's
backs. In France and French-speaking Canada, April 1st is celebrated
with everyone attempting to attach a paper fish to someone's back
without them noticing. Putting fish on someone's back is sort of
similar to a "Kick Me" sign, minus the kicking. If you are currently
enrolled in a French class, try your hardest to stick one on your
The best aspect of the April Fools' Prep ETAD is that you're
guaranteed a second date since you'll have to get back together on April
Fools' to execute your creative caper. Sneaky.
Apr 1, 2010
- Outdoor Mod Podge
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Magazines, craft paper, etc.
- Plastic Pot Liner
- Pick out photos, words, and other paper items you want on your pot and cut them out.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge on the area where you're placing your paper piece. Place piece on and smooth out bubbles. Cover area with Mod Podge.
- Continue to do Step 2 until pot is covered.
- Cover entire pot in Mod Podge. Allow to dry 15 minutes and then repeat. Do this as many times as you like. Three to five times is a good idea.
- Insert a plastic liner and plant your herbs.
- Place in your kitchen window and don't forget to water!
Labels: Kitchen Crafts