Summer Picnic Ideas
With beautiful weather during the month of July, we can't stay inside all day. Its time to enjoy the sun, the shade and the wonders that the summer brings. One good way of taking full advantage of this splendid weather is to have a picnic with a date.
Your basket doesn't need to be filled with the most exotic foods. The best foods for a picnic are light and fresh. Try getting some locally grown produce at your community farmers market. Make that picnic in the park memorable for your date as you enjoy crisp, mouth-watering, fresh fruit and vegetables this summer.
Here are some ideas for what you can include in your picnic basket for the summer:
- Pasta salads - These are filling and last a while in the summer weather.
- Fresh fruit - Make room for different types of fruit.
- Vegetables and dips - Carrots and celery are always good with a dip.
- Cheese and crackers - Provide a variety; different cheeses and crackers.
- Sandwiches - Make a delicious sandwich that will stay fresh.
- Sparkling apple cider - This always adds a special touch to your date.