· 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter
· 3/4 cup brown sugar
· 3/4 cup honey
· 2 cups walnuts chopped
· 1/3 cup heavy cream
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Add flour to butter mixture and mix until a dough forms. Dough may be slightly crumbly, but will hold together when pinched between two fingers.
3. Press dough into 8x8 lined baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter, sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then add heavy cream. Boil for 1 more minute.
2. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and salt. Stir to combine. Add walnuts, stir to coat.
3. Pour over shortbread crust. Bake 16-20 minutes, or until entire top is bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing. Topping will firm up as it cools.