Brown Butter Hollandaise5 Egg Yolks
1 Tb Dijon Mustard
2 Tb Lemon Juice
2 tsp Tabasco
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
5 Sticks Butter (preferably salt free)
- In the container of a blender, combine the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce. Cover, and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan until completely melted. Let the milk solids (the white color in the butter that tends to sink to the bottom) cook until they have turned a dark tan color. Stir gently from time to time but try not to incorporate much of the brown and the golden colors of the butter together.
- When the milk solids have reached the right shade (think the color of a fruit stem, like a pear or an apple) remove from the heat.
- Carefully skim off any browned bits from the top, then carefully pour out the rest of the butter, making sure to leave any of the browned milk solids at the bottom of the pan.
- While the butter is still hot from the stove, place the butter in a glass measuring cup. Set the blender on high speed, and pour the butter into the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream. It should thicken almost immediately.
- Keep the sauce warm until serving.
Candied Bacon6 strips Bacon of your preference
3 Tb. Brown Sugar
- Lay bacon on a parchment lined sheet pan and place in a 400 degree oven, cook until semi crispy.
- Take bacon off of the pan and allow to cool until you are able to crumble or cut into smaller pieces.
- Toss the chopped bacon with brown sugar and place back in the oven at 400 degrees on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Cook until dark brown and the sugar has caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the bacon to cool and chop again into small bits.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower1 Head Cauliflower
4 Tb Olive Oil
1 Tb Salt
2 tsp Pepper
1 Green onion spear (Cut Thin)
½ c Hollandaise
2 oz Candied Bacon
Juice of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Trim tough stem and core from cauliflower and discard core. Using a paring knife, cut cauliflower into smaller spears. Place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Spread cauliflower out on 2 large, rimmed baking sheets. Roast until edges start to brown, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove cauliflower from oven and place on serving platter.
- Top with brown butter hollandaise, fresh lemon and bacon.