6 c Baby spinach, washed, drained
1 Honey Crisp Apples
1 oz. Buttermilk Bleu Cheese (Beehive Cheese)
5 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 Red Onion, Julienne
1 Tb. Dijon Mustard
4 Tb. Sherry vinegar
2 Tb. Olive Oil
4 Tb. Pure Maple Syrup
To taste salt
To taste pepper
- Combine spinach, green apples in a large salad bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy; remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Add red onions to hot skillet and cook until caramelized and reserve for salad.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings and add the olive oil.
- Add vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup, salt and pepper to bacon drippings, heat to boiling, stirring to blend.
- Pour over spinach mixture; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with bacon, red onions, and blue cheese