Fluffy, Moist Homemade Yellow Cake Recipe
2 cup unsalted butter, softened, room temperature
4 cups white sugar
4 eggs, separated, room temperature
6 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 cups cake flour
2 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon salt
2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in egg yolks and vanilla, mixing until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Mix until batter is fluffy but be careful not to over mix.
- Beat egg whites until foamy and thick.
- Very gently fold egg whites into batter and mix JUST until incorporated. Set aside
Pineapple Coconut Filling:
4 lbs Fresh pineapple chunks
½ lbs Coconut
4 tbl Butter = 2.3 ounces
1½ cup packed Brown Sugar
3 lbs Vanilla Cake Batter (you can use the recipe above or your preferred cake mix)
- Melt Butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan,
- Remove from heat and spread on ½ sheet pan, already sprayed
- Spread the pineapple chunks and the coconut on top
- Add the 3lbs yellow cake batter
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from pan when still warm
Yield = ½ sheet pan